Super League’s Featured Server series is where we’ll be showing off amazing Minehut servers! Want your server featured on the Super League blog? Fill out this form and we’ll reach out if we want to showcase your server next!
Welcome to Tres!
Tres is a Team Deathmatch server that revolves around destroying the other the team. Think you have what it takes? Head over to Tres.minehut.gg via your Minecraft client to try it out.
How It Works
- To join the game, walk up to the sign that says “TDM Mode” in bold letters and right click it. You’ll be prompted with an option to join the queue.
- After the queue reaches a minimum of two players, the countdown will start. There can be a maximum of twenty players in the game.
- When the game starts, destroy the opposing team in order to win. When either team is eliminated (all the members die), the game will end.
- There is a time limit of 5 minutes in each game. If this limit is reached, neither team will win or get experience.
- There is a leveling system in which you can work to be the highest ranked player on the server. With every elimination, you have the ability to get 1-3 experience points. When you win a game, you gain 3 experience points.
The Making of Tres
Tres was featured on an episode of Good Grief! Get a glimpse into the server below.
Ceppy, the host of Tres, took some time to tell us more about the making of the server.
“The gamemodes on Tres are completely skripted (apart from the map resets, done by ThatOneTqnk, which involve structure blocks) and this is all thanks to our main developer, Stargazers! The queue and the game make use of Skript’s list variables, which help us keep track of the amount of players and who has joined. Functions are the main things we’ve used in the server. Stargazers has created tons of functions to make the server work. Skript’s functions can make the server easier to make, but there is much more to it. Conditions are used in almost every line of Skript. It’s needed for the server to run; without any of the conditions, the server wouldn’t even work.
The plugins used in Tres include: Craftingstore, Essentials, EssentialsChat, FAWE, Group Manager, InstantRespawn, Old Combat, ProtocolSupport, Skript (with MundoSK, skDragon, skQuery, skRayFall, TuSKe, Vixio), Vault, and World Guard. Don’t forget that plugins are now free on Minehut, so you can try them out on your own free server too!
Tips & Tricks
- Reserve your arrows. You only get two but they do a lot of damage, so it’s best to keep them for when you feel you’d need them most.
- Don’t waste time. Rushing is also another vital part of the game. If you take too long, the game will automatically end and neither team will gain any experience.
- Build defenses. TDM isn’t just about killing. You’ll need to strategize with your team to defend against your opponents to win.
- Invite friends. You only need two players for a game to begin, but TDM is so much more fun with more people!
- Gain experience. It’s the only way to level up! To level up for the first time, you need 15 experience points. However, this amount increases with each level, with level 11 requiring 93 experience points.
Join the Discord
Want to find players to battle with… or against? Want to discuss new strategies with others? Check out the Tres Discord!